Saturday, October 16, 2010

What happened to opinions?

I'm not trying to make some snobbish remark about the decline of intellect or anything, I just want to know what happened to real meaningful opinions. I have had a theory that people dont think about everything they do and the things that go on around them, Its just not important. For as long as I can remember I have had a curious mind. Whenever I saw an interesting social, moral, or completely normal issue I would think about it until I found an answer. Now my vanity tells me I am intelligent because I do this, but I think its only because I have never been blessed to know someone before. Now when I say know someone I mean actually know them. I have always wanted to see a persons whole intellect and their innermost thoughts on even trivial subjects but I haven't. The reason I think I am intelligent is I guess the result of not having anything to compare myself too. Intelligence and anything else can only be measured when you have something else comparable to it, because if I had 5 dollars and was the only person on Earth I would be the richest man in the world. If I could have a meaningful conversation with another person I think I would be humbled by even the average persons opinions on things they care about. But despite all I have previously said though I still wonder if people are just stupid but I dont think so. I think people are just reclusive animals living in a social setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment